Lue lisääShow less
101 Films presents Wayne Kramer s The Cooler, title number 006 in the 101 Films Black Label range. This Limited Edition version is limited to 3000 copies and includes a slipcase and a booklet. Extras include a brand new feature-length documentary on the making of the film.
Bernie Lootz (William H. Macy) is an unlucky guy. Everything he touches turns bad. However, his ill fortune is the one thing he depends upon to do his job to the best of his abilities; Bernie Lootz is the best 'cooler' in town.
Working in one of Las Vegas' few remaining golden-era casinos, Bernie is employed by the ruthless Shelly (Alec Baldwin in an Oscar® nominated role) to end the winning streak of anyone whose luck is on the up. But life in the bad luck lane has taken its toll and, after working for Shelly for years, Bernie has decided to move on. He then meets the hard-bitten Natalie (Maria Bello) and life takes a turn for the better. But as his fortunes change, so does his ability to 'cool' a winning streak, and soon an unhappy Shelly decides to make sure that Bernie never feels happiness again...
Brand New Extras
· Lady Luck: The Making of The Cooler, a feature length (100 min) documentary on the making of the film, featuring director and writer Wayne Kramer, writer Frank Hannah, actors Alec Baldwin, Arthur Nascarella and Shawn Hatosy, producers Michael A. Pierce and Elliot Lewis Rosenblatt, composer Mark Isham and costume designer Kristin M. Burke.
· Limited edition booklet: includes 'In the Shadow of Negativity' by director Wayne Kramer and 'Heaven and Hell: The Cooler and Hollywood's Vegas' by Scott Harrison.
· Commentary with director Wayne Kramer and composer Mark Isham
· Commentary with director Wayne Kramer and cinematographer Jim Whitaker
· Deleted scenes (SD)
· Anatomy of a Scene featurette (SD)
· Storyboard comparisons (SD)
· Trailer (SD)