Lue lisääShow less
"Marlene Dietrich, dressed in an immaculately tailored trousers, tuxedo and top hat combination, sings 'When Love Dies' and kisses a woman in the audience. In this moment, Dietrich became an icon, a trailblazer, a performer unlike any before or since, and heralded her international stardom.
Morocco was Dietrich's first Hollywood picture, reuniting the formidable actor with the equally formidable director of her previous film, The Blue Angel, and continuing a working relationship that would extend to five further collaborations. She plays Amy Jolly, a nightclub singer who meets and falls in love with a legionnaire, played by Gary Cooper (Peter Ibbetson), beginning a torrid, delirious romance."
Extras "INDICATOR STANDARD EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES
* 2K restoration
* Original mono audio
* Audio commentary with film critics Samm Deighan and Kat Ellinger (2019)
* Introduction by Nicholas von Sternberg (2019, 11 mins): the son of Josef von Sternberg discusses Morocco as well as his father's early film career
* The Art of Josef von Sternberg (2019, 10 mins): Nicholas von Sternberg reflects on his father's work in painting and sculpture
* Lux Radio Theatre: 'The Legionnaire and the Lady' (1936, 59 mins): radio adaptation of Morocco, starring Marlene Dietrich and Clark Gable
* Image gallery: promotional and publicity material
* New and improved subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing"