Lue lisääShow less
An early entry in the Hong Kong gambling film cycle of the ’80s and ’90s, Casino Raiders injects the genre with a dose of bloody mayhem courtesy of directors Jimmy Heung and Wong Jing.
Con-artist and gambler Crab (Andy Lau) gets out of prison and joins his childhood friend and partner Sam (Alan Tam) to work for a casino magnate. Their job is to expose a group of Japanese card-players who have cheated their way to a fortune. The pair find themselves in the cross-hairs of the Yakuza, leading to a series of escalating acts of violence that test the bonds of loyalty to their limit. When their luck runs out, they make one final gamble: a game of poker with the highest of stakes.
Filled with surprises right until its final moments, Eureka Classics is proud to present Casino Raiders, a shockingly violent tale of brotherhood and sacrifice and one of the most unique thrillers from the Golden Age of Hong Kong cinema.
SPECIAL BLU-RAY EDITION FEATURES:
• Limited edition O-Card slipcase featuring artwork by Grégory Sacré (Gokaiju) [2000 copies]
• 1080p presentation on Blu-ray from a restoration of the original film elements
• Original Cantonese audio track
• Optional English subtitles
• Brand new feature length audio commentary by Asian film expert Frank Djeng (NY Asian Film Festival)
• Brand new feature length audio commentary by action cinema experts Mike Leeder & Arne Venema
• Brand new featurette by CFK (Crazy From Kong) looking at the “gambling film” craze that hit Hong Kong cinema in the late 1980s and early 1990s
• Brand new interview with Billy Chan
• Original theatrical trailer