Academy Award-winners Gregory Peck (1962, Best Actor, To Kill A Mockingbird), David Niven (1958, Best Actor,Separate Tables), and Anthony Quinn (1952, Best Supporting Actor, Viva Zapata!; 1956, Lust For Life) star as a team of Allied military specialists recruited for a dangerous but imperative mission: to infiltrate a Nazi-occupied fortress and disable two long-range field guns so that 2,000 trapped British soldiers may be rescued.
Faced with an unforgiving sea voyage, hazardous terrain, and the possibility of a traitor among them, the team must overcome the impossible without losing their own lives. Adapted by screenwriter Carl Foreman from Alistair MacLean's best-selling novel, The Guns Of Navarone was nominated for seven Oscars, including Best Picture, and won for Best Special Effects (1961).
- The Resistance Dossier of Navarone: The Blu-ray interactive dossier gives the viewer all new access to detailed information on The Guns of Navarone, the real world history that inspired the film, and insights from film and military historians on the continuing effect the film has on popular culture.
- Commentary with film historian Stephen J. Rubin
- Commentary with director J. Lee Thompson
- Forging the Guns of Navarone: Notes from the Set
- Iconic Epic of Heroism
- Epic Restoration
- A Heroic Score
- Narration-free Prologue
- Memories of Navarone: Retrospective documentary
- Message from Carl Foreman
- Great Guns original featurette
- No Visitors featurette
- Honeymoon on Rhodes
- Two Girls On The Town original featurette
- Original trailer
- Exhibitor's trailer