THY KINGDOM COME. THY WILL BE DONE.
Boston, Massachusetts. Home of clam chowder, the Red Sox and Harvard. Home, too, to some of the roughest, toughest criminals ever to walk the streets. When the bungling McManus brothers, Conner (Sean Patrick Flanery, Saw 3D) and Murphy (Norman Reedus, The Walking Dead), inadvertently end up taking out a pair of Russian Mafiosi, they realise they ve found their calling and embark on a mission to cleanse their city of criminals, inspired by the tactics of on-screen vigilantes like Clint Eastwood and Charles Bronson. But their vigilante antics soon attract the attention of Paul Smecker (Willem Dafoe, To Live and Die in LA), an FBI agent with his own unique approach to fighting crime, setting the stage for an epic confrontation that will redefine the words truth and justice .
Released in early 2000 in the wake of the infamous Columbine High School massacre, writer/director Troy Duffy s tale of ultra-violent vigilantism was all but buried during its brief theatrical run but went on to enjoy a second wind on home video and has since attained cult status. With its irreverent humour and unflinching portrayal of violence, The Boondock Saints offers its own distinctive take on the seedy world of organised crime.
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the director s cut of the film
- Original 5.1 lossless English audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio commentary by writer/director Troy Duffy
- Audio commentary by actor Billy Connolly
- Deleted scenes
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Chris Malbon
- FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by Kieran Fisher