THE FIRST NEW HORROR CREATURE
Before he turned his hand to lycanthropes in An American Werewolf in London, shuffling zombies in the Thriller music video and hostile extra-terrestrials in Men in Black, special effects legend Rick Baker lent his talents to the creation of another memorable horror creature. Step forward, The Incredible Melting Man!
When spacecraft Scorpio V returns to Earth following a mission to Saturn, two of the crew are dead and the third, astronaut Steve West, is in a critical condition. Critical, that is, until he rises from his hospital bed to bite chunks out of a nurse before escaping into the surrounding countryside. The authorities set about trying to track Steve down before he claims any other victims, but they don t know the really bad news yet - Steve is also highly radioactive!
The Incredible Melting Man offers up a wealth of show-stopping B-movie moments in its relatively modest running time chief among them, the scene in which a disembodied head floats down a river only to smash messily on the rocks further downstream but the real star of the show here is Baker s ultra-icky special effects work which let you see the Melting Man s transition in all its gooey, glistening glory.
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation of the feature, transferred from original film elements
- Original Mono audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio Commentary with William Sachs
- Super 8 digest version of the film
- Interview with Writer/Director William Sachs and Make-up Effects Artist Rick Baker
- Interview with Make-up Effects Artist Greg Cannom
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork
- Collector s booklet featuring new writing on the film and more!