Lue lisääShow less
Ken Russell's lauded D H Lawrence's adaptation is a sophisticated meditation on the complexities of human relationships and the shifting social mores of a country shell-shocked by World War One.
Women in Love was hailed upon its release, earning four Academy Award nominations, and the Best Actress Oscar for Glenda Jackson. Audiences flocked to see its famous, erotically-charged naked wrestling scene, and critics celebrated the film's opulent design, handsome cinematography and the compelling ensemble performances of Alan Bates, Jennie Linden, Oliver Reed and Glenda Jackson. Often regarded as Russell's masterpiece, Women in Love endures as one of British cinema's finest achievements.
- New 4K restoration by the BFI National Archive
- Original theatrical trailer
- Audio commentary with director Ken Russell
- Audio commentary with writer and producer Larry Kramer
- Second Best (Stephen Dartnell, 1972, 25 mins): previously unreleased short film starring Alan Bates based on the short story by D H Lawrence
- The Guardian Lecture: Glenda Jackson interviewed at the National Film Theatre (1982, audio only)
- The Pacemakers 14: Glenda Jackson (1974, 14 mins): profile of the actress with interviews and footage of the post-production work on Women in Love
- Stills and Collections gallery
- Fully illustrated booklet with credits and newly commissioned essays