Lue lisääShow less
THE FLIPSIDE: rescuing weird and wonderful British films from obscurity and presenting them in new high-quality editions.
When wealthy couple Richard and Angela visit Marion and Alex in their decaying family home, their differing social and moral attitudes create uneasy tensions. An inharmonious evening of drunkenness and sexual rivalry soon turns bloody as the guests fall victim to an unhinged attacker.
Featuring a rare performance from Bill Douglas (Bill Douglas Trilogy, Comrades), and starring British screen greats Joanna David and Heather Page (both of whom would go on to work with Douglas inComrades), Sleepwalker is an outrageous and incendiary mix of biting satire and bloody horror that is at once reminiscent of otherwise unlikely bedfellows Lindsay Anderson and Dario Argento. The stellar cast also includes Nickolas Grace, and features cameos by Fulton MacKay, Michael Medwin and Raymond Huntley.
Remastered from the only surviving print, this long-unseen mid-length film is presented here for the first time on any home video format, along with two shorts by its director, Saxon Logan, and the rare 1971 mid-length fantasy, The Insomniac, directed by Rodney Giesler.
- Presented in High Definition and Standard Definition
- The Insomniac (Rodney Giesler, 1971, 45 mins): a man experiences a night-time world that is part nightmare, part sexual fantasy
- Stepping Out (Saxon Logan , 1977, 11 mins): a couple's untraditional early morning ritual is observed in a short drama which originally supported Polanski's The Tenant in UK cinemas
- Working Surface: A Short Study (with Actors) in 'the Ways' of a Bourgeois Writer (Saxon Logan, 1979, 16 mins): Bill Douglas plays a writer struggling with a script about two women (played by Joanna David and Heather Page)
- O Lucky Man: Saxon Logan in Conversation (2013, 72 mins): exclusive feature-length interview with the director of Sleepwalker
- Extensive illustrated booklet with essays by Julian Grainger, Vic Pratt, Alex Davidson and Sam Dunn; complete film credits
UK | 1984 | colour | English language (optional English hard-of-hearing subtitles) | 50 minutes (+ extras) | Original aspect ratio 1.85:1